Taking care of your skin to make sure that it is healthy and beautiful can be a complicated process. However, there are a number of fast and easy tips to beautify your skin that can help you to achieve the type of results that you could expect from the pros, without spending a lot of time and money.
Beautify Your Skin Through Simplicity
Each of the following super-easy tips to beautify your skin can help you to give your skin a boost, in under two minutes a pop. One trend you may see among them is their lack of complexity. Often, we make our efforts overly complicated. We buy full sets of expensive products that contain dozens of ingredients each. Sometimes, it’s not about what we’re doing as much as it is what we’re not doing.
Have a look at your lifestyle as a whole and the way it could impact your efforts to beautify your skin. You may find that something small – like a bit of extra water every day – could bring on far better results than that new face cream
Changes To Your Skin Health Lifestyle
So whether your complexion is looking dull and needs a lot of help, or you are trying to maintain an already stunning face after having just returned from a day spa, these tips may be just what you’ve been looking for:
- Keep your face clean – Twice per day, use a gentle cleanser to wash off all of the impurities and products that have been sitting on your skin and collecting dust, pollution, and other impurities throughout the hours. This is particularly important when you have been wearing makeup.
- Moisturize – This is likely the tip that you have heard the most, but it is also among the most important, so it is worth repeating. Even oily skin needs to be moisturized in order to help to encourage a proper oil production balance. Choose a high quality moisturizer that is appropriate for your skin type.
- Thin out your foundation – Use a few drops of a non-clogging skin serum and blend with the foundation that you are about to apply to your face. This will thin it out and help it to provide gentle, even coverage, while giving your skin some much needed moisture and preventing the pores from becoming filled and clogged. Wearing foundation this way will allow you to enjoy the benefits of a more even looking complexion, without worsening the one you truly have underneath.
- Reduce the redness – If your skin is naturally red and blotchy, consider using a moisturizer with an anti-redness feature, instead of caking on a green base layer below your foundation, which will only lead to further irritation of the skin and clogged pores.
- Use a natural skin booster – Mix equal parts lemon juice and club soda for a refreshing, effervescent toning experience that effectively tightens pores without the use of any harsh alcohols that are typically the base of drugstore toning products.
- Do yoga – This is particularly important when you practice inverted poses (where you’re upside down) such as the Downward-Facing Dog. This encourages blood circulation to the face and helps to boost radiance. At times when you can’t flip upside down, gently rub circles on your skin with your fingertips, or lightly tap the various areas with your fingertips. It is an instant micro pick-me-up.
- Look out for sun exposure – Photo damage is one of the fastest and most lasting sources of wrinkles, freckles, hyperpigmentation, redness, fine lines and other signs of premature aging, not to mention the increased risk of skin cancer. Sunscreen or simply sticking to the shade and wearing a big hat can make a substantial difference to your skin health and complexion.
- Drink water – Proper hydration is a step you can see within a matter of days, hours or even minutes, depending on how dehydrated you are to start. Making sure you’re drinking enough water every day can plump up your skin to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It can help your skin to fight infection and inflammation which would bring on signs such as acne and redness. It also helps your skin to maintain a fresher, more vibrant look as opposed to being dull and sagging.
As you can see, many of the tips to beautify your skin are similar to those recommended for overall mental and physical health. Take a moment to consider the way they can be added to your life in a very simple way that is easy to adopt. You may even find yourself looking forward to some of them throughout the day and enjoying the way they make you feel all over.