Have you been looking for foods for digestive healing to improve your overall wellness? Did you know that the quality and health of your digestion determines whether or not you will experience a range of different symptoms?
This doesn’t just include indigestion. Symptoms of an unhealthy digestive systems can seem entirely unrelated. The right foods for digestive healing can help to overcome those problems.
My Top 12 Foods for Digestive Healing
1. Bone Broth – A surprisingly helpful food, provided you make it yourself. Boil bones and other inedible parts over a very long time. The store-bought varieties aren’t nearly as good foods for digestive healing.
2. Coconut – Everything from coconut water to coconut milk and coconut oil are great foods for digestive healing. The key is to understand appropriate portions of each product.
3. Kombucha – This has become extremely popular in recent years. It’s a type of black fermented tea that tastes far better than it sounds. It’s filled with probiotics, enzymes and healthy acids.
4. Kale – If you didn’t already have enough reasons to love kale and eat it more frequently, here’s one more. It’s great for clearing out the digestive tract. It can be prepared in many ways, both raw and cooked. It’s even perfect in smoothies!
5. Chia seeds – These tiny seeds are a rich source of protein, fiber, and minerals. They’re fantastic for boosting bowel function while reducing cholesterol. Two tablespoons is all you need for a great difference.
6. Apple cider vinegar – The key to the benefits of apple cider vinegar among foods for digestive healing is in its acetic acid. It helps with the absorption of some vital vitamins and minerals, especially calcium.
7. Zucchini – The high fiber content in this veggie, combined with all the water it holds, makes it hydrating and fantastic for clearing the digestive tract at the same time.
8. Avocado – Avocados are high in healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats as well as vitamins, minerals and fiber. They’re highly nutritious. Avocados are also great foods for digestive healing. Amp up your breakfast or your smoothies with a few slices.
9. Ghee – This clarified butter has had much of the lactose, sugar and milk fats removed. It retains its freshness for a long time even when stored at room temperature.
10. Wild caught Atlantic salmon – Not only is this a delicious type of fish, but it’s incredibly good for you. It is an effective anti-inflammatory. This helps to reduce redness and pain in your body while promoting overall better digestive health.
11. Banana – These popular fruits are incredible foods for digestive healing. In fact, they’re so gentle on the stomach that mashing them up on a piece of toast is often recommended for people who have been sick. They improve bowel function and are helpful to those who have been suffering gastric issues.
12. Ginger – This spice is beautiful for soothing the stomach. It can help ease nausea and gas issues. It’s important to note that a little goes a long way. Overeating it can lead to heartburn.